Diocese of Brentwood
CHRISTUS CATHOLIC TRUST
St. Teresa’s Catholic Primary School
Elsenham Crescent, Basildon, Essex SS14 1UE
Telephone No: 01268 553502 www.st-teresasrc.essex.sch.uk
Required from 1st January 2023
Group 2: L11– L17 (starting salary based on experience).
NOR: 210 (1 form entry + Nursery)
The Christus Catholic Trust and the Governors of St. Teresa’s Catholic Primary School
are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dedicated Head Teacher due to our Head Teacher being promoted to a more senior role in another Trust. St. Teresa’s is a caring, friendly school and community where our Catholic Ethos is central to all that we do. Our new Head Teacher will work with supportive governors to shape the strategic direction of the school, and will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of St. Teresa’s. They would also be supported by the Trust as school improvement is provided through the Trust. Our new Head Teacher will lead a team that strives together in the best interest of all of our children, following the school’s mission statement:
Love, Accept, Respect, Reflect.
Applications are invited from Head Teachers, Deputy Head Teachers or Assistant Head Teachers with outstanding leadership experience.
The successful candidate will:
· Be a practising Catholic who can nurture faith and spirituality, and take the lead role in providing inspirational Catholic education based on our shared Gospel values.
· Be passionate in promoting a clear child-centred vision.
· Be inclusive, aspirational and ambitious for all our children, staff and wider community.
Governors are seeking someone who:
· Will maintain a curriculum that inspires our children to achieve the best that they can through the promotion of excellent teaching and learning.
· Can demonstrate a proven track record of providing inspirational, strategic and professional leadership.
· Will be passionately committed to safeguarding and the welfare and wellbeing of children and staff.
· Will be an enthusiastic team leader, with a strong commitment to working in partnership with parents and Parish.
· Will bring together a team in the school to achieve an outstanding level of education for our children.
· Will work hard to ensure that every child is supported and challenged to maximise their potential.
We can offer the successful candidate:
· Children who are committed, enthusiastic and fully engaged in their learning.
· Professional and dedicated staff, supportive parents, and active Governors.
· An enthusiastic and aspirational Senior Leadership Team.
· The benefits of extensive support and collaboration across our Trust schools and the wider Diocese of Brentwood can provide the successful applicant with excellent opportunities for further professional development.
· Ofsted (2016 and 2021) ‘Good’.
· RE Inspection 2019 ‘Good’.
We warmly welcome and encourage applicants to visit our school. Please speak with the School Office Manager Cheryl Altridge to arrange a visit No: 01268 553502. Further information and an application pack are available from the school website and completed applications should be sent to this email address: email@example.com
Closing date: 4pm on Friday 23rd September 2022.
Shortlisting: Thursday 29th September 2022.
Interview: Tuesday 4th October 2022.
Please note we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is a reserved post and is open to practising Catholics only, please review the document produced by the Diocese of Brentwood ‘Definition of a practising Catholic for reserved posts’ for further information.
St. Teresa’s Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check along with other relevant employment checks. Applications should be on a CES application form from the application pack and sent to the school (applications NOT submitted on the CES application form will not be considered). Any electronic applications will have to be signed by the applicant before attending an interview.