Eligibility for Free School Meals
Could you be eligible for free school meals?
The criteria to receive free school meals are set by central government. An award can only be provided where a parent/carer/child receives:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (not Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of below £16,190
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance, income related
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act, 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit, with an income of £7,400 or less.
Please note that if you do not receive one of the listed benefits, your application will be refused, in line with the law.
Please consider this before applying.